THE LIGHTHOUSE - JTSFOTOS
Powered by SmugMug Log In

BAILEYS HARBOR RANGE LIGHTS

The range lights replaced the Baileys Harbor Lighthouse in 1870 at a cost of $6,000.[10] They are approximately 980 feet (300 m) apart and aligned on a 340° bearing line to guide boats safely into the harbor. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1989, as the Baileys Harbor Range Light. Currently part of the Ridges wildlife sanctuary, which is listed on the List of National Natural Landmarks in Wisconsin. It is closed to the public, but may be viewed from Ridges Road.

DCLH5